First steps with EQDRIVE (please read before connection of the device)
Connection EQDrive Standard unit to the personal computer.
1. Connection of our control unit nothing doesn't differ from connections of other equatorial mounts with use of the ASCOM and EQMOD platform, so you can apply this manual not only with our control system of EQDrive. To start work you need the computer from the established Windows 7/8/10 OS. The first that you have to make, it establish the ASCOMs platform on the computer.
For this purpose it is necessary to follow the link ASCOM http://www.ascom-standards.org/ and to download it. Further you need establish ASCOM on the computer. On your computer has to be established Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 . At its absence it is necessary to pass to the website of Microsoft to download and establish, again to repeat procedure of installation of the ASCOM platform.
The following step, the EQMOD installation, you can download from the official site of http://eq-mod.sourceforge.net or on our website in the section » Info & Support » Download » EQMOD. EQASCOM_V127k_Setup
Next stage, installation of the driver for virtual COM port: CP210x_Windows_Drivers.zip
Now it is necessary to connect the control unit to USB port of the computer (at the moment we do not give voltage on your device ), the operating system has to find connection of the new device and will automatically install drivers for it.
Execute check. Please go at the: Start menu » Control panel » System » Device manager » we watch "Ports (COM and LPT)" you need see a Serial port here (COM …) You need to remember the number COM of port. Here your device will be connect . At last you can connect motors and give supply voltage on the control unit. On the foverhead panel of the control unit there is an "indicator of a state" (light-emitting diode), it has to shine in the red color.
2. Setup of the control unit with the help of the EQDriveConfig program
Now you have to adjust the control unit for your mount. Please, set the axis reduction coefficient, parameters connected with stepper motors (step, current) and other parameters necessary for successful work your mount. You will need download the EQDriveCofig.rar file » Info & Support » Download » EQDrive Config Standard EQDriveConfig_standard or EQDrive Config v.4.2 EQDrive Config v.4.2 Setup (EQDrive Config v.4.2 requirement: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 client/full.).
It is a program-configurator of EQDriveConfig, in it you can adjust the control unit under parameters of your mount and save all parameters in Flash memory of the control unit. More detail about the EQDriveConfig program, you can learn it here. The control unit is ready to work. Now you can twist axes equatorial mount from any planetarium. For an example, the popular planetarium of Cartes du Ciel 3. Start the program. Find the control panel of "Telescope" in the top part of the control panel planetarium. Choose the pictogram with the image of the telescope and click on it.
the new window will open "ASCOM telescope chooser"
3. The instruction for connection of management of mount with the help of planetarium:
1. You will need choose the mount, and you click to "Select" .
2. In the appeared new window "ASCOM Telescope Choose" you choose type of the mount of "EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6"
3. You choose "Properties" (EQMOD properties), this is a new settings window "EQMOD ASCOM SETUP"
4. You need to register parameters of COM port (as in drawing above) and choose number COM port which you watched in "the Device manager" earlier and retain
4.1 And now specify coordinates of your place of supervision, height above sea level (It is possible to look at data in Google map)
5. You confirm that you registered data correctly pressing of the "OK" button.
Next step, in the "ASCOM Telescope Interface" window to click on the "Connect" button.
If you adjusted everything correctly and everything is connected, you have to see the window of management of EQ MODs on your desktop.
Clear Sky & good siing !
first steps with FOCUSDRIVE (please read before connection of the device)